Footium Weekly Update
Development Updates 🛠
Following feedback from our last beta, we want to increase the communication and visibility between the development team working on Footium and our community!
Starting today we will be posting bi-weekly updates covering what we achieved in our last sprint. If you have any feedback or questions, feel free to post in our Discord.
💻 - Frontend:
• We have been working on implementing the new design for the Division and Leagues explorer (coming soon) which will fully move us away from the legacy game design
• Mobile and tablet Optimisation throughout the game
• Website update (coming soon)
• Adding automated testing to catch bugs
⚽️ - Match Sim:
• Robustness (fixing non-sensical patterns of events and removing bugs which make the match sim seem unrealistic)
• Player and team in possession tracking
• Foundational improvements to allow some very cool features in future
🗄 - Backend:
• Added versioning to allow the user to cross-reference exactly what is live in the current state of the game
• Migration to kubernetes and AWS
• Improvements to the Footium API
• Some foundational improvements and tech-debt fixing
💰 - Web3:
• Working on prize accumulation and distribution contracts
🎨 - Design:
• Working on redesigning the user experience for a match, we are super excited to share some more on this soon
An updated feature roadmap for the first official season of Footium is also something we plan to release in the coming weeks!
Club Spotlight 🔍
Footium Community Pro Clubs 🎮
Attention Pro Clubs Players - Join Footium FC! With Footium now being in the game and all of the interest in the FIFA tournament recently it seems like the perfect time to set up a community Pro Clubs for members of our community, content creators & team members to all play together
If you are interested please get in touch with Sam on Twitter or Discord to get the Pro Clubs role to allow for better organisation for matches - the road to Division 1 begins 🔥
Our first TikTok 🤔
Alongside our new bi-weekly Development Updates from the team we will be posting weekly short-form content to provide you with an insight into the team, devevlopment, design & more! Make sure to check our our first Development Diary featuring Jasper and give us a cheeky follow, like & feedback on any of the links below…
Thanks for reading Footium’s Newsletter! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support Footium.